Our client, Munich Re, is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, with more than 14,000 employees across the globe.
The Italian branch is looking for a Junior Property and Engineering Underwriter.
He/she will be responsible for the risk assessment and the underwriting of Property and engineering business.
Reporting to the Head of Property & Casualty, he/she writes (re)insurance business in line with underwriting authorities and client strategies.
His/her main responsibilities will be:
- Underwriting and accepting offers, including premium calculation and fixing terms and conditions in accordance with the underwriting guidelines, internal directives, targets and client strategies.
- Conducting negotiations and maintaining the relationship with Clients and Brokers.
- Servicing client accounts and tapping new business potential.
- Expanding the digital insurance proposition by improving existing products and building new ones
- Responsibility for the administration of the contracts assigned, including exposure monitoring and liability/accumulation assessment.
- Performing result and portfolio analysis and helping in the preparation of class-of-business reports.
- Helping conduct seminars/workshops for internal and external training.
- Participating in concept and strategy development in the area of responsibility; planning and controlling activities.
- Assuming special tasks, e.g. participating / supporting local and Group wide international working groups and projects; participating in reviews, training of staff; contributing to market events.
The ideal candidate has an University degree in engineering or scientific (economics/mathematics) discipline. He/She has 2/3 years of experience in Property and/or Engineering business and knowledge of (re)insurance.
The successful candidate must be highly conversant with IT systems, proficiency with the relevant underwriting and rating tools/risk modelling and be a great team-worker, business developer, negotiator and communicator. He/she must demonstrate to have strong entrepreneurial spirit, proactivity and be able to work under pressure and with a multitasking approach.
An excellent business English level is mandatory.
The position will be based in Milan but availability to travel is required.
Candidates of both sexes, After reading the obligatory information regarding privacy on the site www.hays.it, are requested to send your CV in Word format, under reference (Ref. 929607), as well as his or her consent to the processing of personal data pursuant to Legislative Decree no. 196/03. Aut Min N. 13/I/0007145/03.04 April 1, 2008. #929607